- [SUL] – The status of “single user login” is still in progress.
Request for help
- [Wikimentary] – At the first Wikimania in 2005 Rory O’Connor, a documentary maker and journalist, was present to record this event. This to make a documentary about the wiki-community. Two years later they have made recordings of several other wiki-activities and will also be at Wikimania 2007, still for the documentary that started in 2005. Video and other materials are placed online on the wiki of the Wikimentary project. It is the intentions and hope of the makers of this documentary that people will come and work on this documentary like many people do to the many wiki projects that exist. Everybody who knows about the wiki world is welcome to go to globalvision.wikia.com and work on the first real “Wikimentary”, a community created documentary.
- [IRC reform] – The IRC channel #wikipedia has a new management and policy. This to try to reduce the off-topic talk in the channel. The changes are not well received by all.
- [Elections] – The number of candidates for the board has increased suddenly from 4 to 17. Submissions as a candidate and the endorsement procedure will close Saturday, 2007-06-23 23:59 UTC. Currently it looks like most candidates will have enough endorsements to go to the actual election.
- [China] – Many media around the world are reporting that China has unblocked Wikipedia. Most likely they are wrong about this. The WMF has Korean servers to serve users from that part of the globe. Recently the IP addresses of those servers has changed. Other IP addresses = unblocked. At least until the firewall of China is updated.
- [vi-wp] – The Vietnamese Wikipedia reaches 20,000 articles with “.se”.
… how the Special:Random page works?Every page has a random number assigned to it in the database. When selecting a random page, a second random number is selected, and the page whose number most closely matches the second number (actually the smallest number greater than the second number) is returned.
Basically, the page is simply picked at random, for most intents and purposes.
- http://tinyurl.com/2yo6w9 — advanced explanation
“50 million nerds doing your homework for free.” ~ Ambrose Bierce on Wikipedia [Source: uncyclopedia.org]
Number of subscribers: 665 , Unique Visitors website last week: 306 , Editor(s): Walter , Corrector(s): Gabriel Pollard
Thanks to: Simetrical , Contact: reply or http://report.wikizine.org , Website: http://www.wikizine.org , Wikizine.org makes no guarantee of accuracy, validity and especially but not limited to, correct grammar and spelling. Wikizine.org is published by [[meta:user:Walter]], and is not a publication of the Wikimedia Foundation. Wikizine is a weekly publication as long as there is noteworthy news (and time) Content is available under the GNU Free Documentation License. http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html