- [Deletion log] – When accessing a non existing page or creating a new page, user can now see the deletion log for that page. This used to be only for sysops. Now even anonymous user can see it.
- [Shared history] – Local image description pages now show image history for shared images from commons.
- [Block] – System message for blocked users [[MediaWiki:Blockedtext]] now shows the actual IP range target for blocks that are applied to IP range. This will explain to the users why they got blocked.
- [Read-only] – Due to a power failure, several servers went offline on Monday, resulting in the need to put the sites for a few hours in to read-only mode.
Request for help
- [wikimania] – New accomodation note is announced on Wikimania website. If your language have the page there, and you are sure multiple people from your language community will attend, your translation will be very helpful.
- [CC 3.0] – There is a discussion in progress about the Creative Commons 3.0 licence. Currently the 3.0 version, the most recent version of the Creative Commons licence is not allowed to be used on Wikimedia Commons.
- [Board] – The board of Wikimedia Foundation held a face to face meeting on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of June 2007 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Europa. Anthere posted a first report about it to the list.
- [Survey] – On Meta is there currently a survey about Wikimedia’s brands, their uses, and possible changes to the strategy. The survey has questions like “Would you support or oppose rebranding the projects as “Wikipedia Sources”, “Wikipedia Quotes”, “Wikipedia Textbooks”, and so on?”
- [G8] – Wikinewsie Sean Heron has managed to get press accreditation for the press center of the G8 in Heiligendamm.
- [Weather] – EN Wikinews provides now also a global basic Weather Service.
- [Audio] – “Wikipedia: Blessing or Curse?” item on the American public radio
- [Wikipedia and Beyond] – Long written interview with Jimbo about “Jimmy Wales’ sprawling vision”. The interview gives also a description of the home of Jimmy and the neighbourhood.
- [FR Wikiquote] – The French Wikiquote has reached 500 articles with Jean de La Bruyère. Since its reopening in December 2006, nearly 2,500 quotes have been added by 1,081 registered users.
- [DV.wp] – The Divehi Wikipedia has reached 1,000 articles. Divehi is a language with about 300,000 speakers from India.
- [Popular searches] – EN Wikipedia Users Searching for Anime and Occasionally Other Stuff
- [GNU/FDL] – Dutch government provides freely licensed photos
Did you know …
“It appears many people are learning about what sex is and how to have it by referencing Wikipedia. — Adam Tornes””
Number of subscribers: 655 , Unique Visitors website last week: 386 , Editor(s): Walter, Ivan Lanin ,Thanks to: bawolff , Contact: reply or http://report.wikizine.org , Website: http://www.wikizine.org , Wikizine.org makes no guarantee of accuracy, validity and especially but not limited to, correct grammar and spelling. Wikizine.org is published by [[meta:user:Walter]], and is not a publication of the Wikimedia Foundation. Wikizine is a weekly publication as long as there is noteworthy news (and time) Content is available under the GNU Free Documentation License. http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html