- [Checkusers] – See Checkuser-l posting “Wikizine – Appendix of #68”, posting of Wed Apr 18 14:15:05 UTC 2007
- [Visualize category] – User:Dapete has made a tool that makes a visualization of categories on the wikis. You enter the name of a category page (not an article) and it makes a graphical presentation of the entire categorization tree.
- [What do you want?] – “What do you want Wikimedia Foundation to focus its attention on in the next few months, few years or more”. ant (WMF Chair)
- [Newsreader] – EN Wikinews is looking for people who are willing to be a Wikinews reader for the new attempt in making a Wikinews video edition. You do not need to be an active user of Wikinews to apply. Project contacts are [[ n:en:User:DragonFire1024]] and [[n:en:User:Bawolff]]
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWV3kqc3hIA — new promo video for Wikinews Video “Coming soon”
- [TranslateWiki] – a proposal for a wiki to translate words and sentences. This is based on Wiktionary, but there are differences
- [Konferencja] – On May 1-3, 2007 the “Wikimedia Polska Conference 2007” will take place in Białowieża ,Poland, Europa. 40 euro for the conference, 3 days, including food, possibly even basic sleeping arrangements included.
- [Chapter] – Wikimedia Polska has obtained the tax-deducible status. It is hoped that his will increase the income strongly.
- [DVD] – A DVD version of the Polish language Wikipedia is expected to be available in shops all over Poland by the end of April. It will contain 239 000 articles and 59 000 pictures. Because of the use of java it can be used on all operating systems. The articles included in the DVD-version where partially checked by 13 paid Wikipedia contributors who were supported by around 20 volunteers.
- [Anslagstavlan] – The Swedish Wikipedia has started when a Wikipedia Signpost inspired local news channel.
- [Interview] – interview with a Chinese wikipedian about Chinese-censorship
- [Arrested because of WP] – A Turkish academic has been detained for hours in Canada based on a vandalized version of his Wikipedia article calling him a terrorist.
- [Wp in education] – Wikipedia continues to get mixed reactions in education
- [The Office] – In an episode of the popular mainstream American tv-series “The Office” the English Wikipedia is explicitly used and mentioned. One of the characters says “anybody in the world can write anything they want, about any subject, so you know you are getting the best possible information.”
- [Wikinews] – All the edits on all language Wikinews projects combined reach over a million.
- [Wikipedia] – All Wikipedias together have reached 7 million articles.
- [io.wp] – The Ido Wikipedia has reached 15,000 articles. According to the English Wikpedia there are about 2500 speakers of Ido so this very impressive.
- [New planets] – After the English one there are now also collectors for Wikimedia related blogs in Polish and German.
… that your assistance to Wikizine would be very useful?This newsletter is started by [[meta:user:Walter ]]. Until now Wikizine is nearly completely created by only this user, week after week. There is only assistance in copyediting. That is useful work and improves the quality of the newsletter but does not make a newsletter. It becomes harder and harder to make every week a new Wikizine alone and keep an acceptable level of quality. Assistance in the form of new core editor who is capable and willing to construct Wikizine on a long time basis is important to the continuing of Wikizine in its current form.
Wikizine can offer to a core staff volunteer access to the (limited) hosting facilities of Wikizine for personal use for so far those are not in conflict with the needs of Wikizine.
Helping out by writing “Did you know” or “Was ist das?” items of reporting news from your home wiki, helping out with the very fragile German translation project (also one person now) of Wikizine would also be helpful. But a core staff member is what is really needed.
Contact: walter AT wikizine DOT org
“Wikipedia enables anybody to access information which was once the preserve of those who could afford the subscription to Enyclopedia Britannica and were prepared to navigate its maze of indexes and content pages.” — Alan Johnson, Education Secretary of the United Kingdom
Number of subscribers: 638 , Unique Visitors website last week: 358 , Editor(s): Walter , Thanks to: bawolff , Contact: reply or http://report.wikizine.org , Website: http://en.wikizine.org , Wikizine.org makes no guarantee of accuracy, validity and especially but not limited to, correct grammar and spelling. Wikizine.org is published by [[meta:user:Walter]], and is not a publication of the Wikimedia Foundation. Wikizine is a weekly publication as long as there is noteworthy news (and time) Content is available under the GNU Free Documentation License. http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html