- [Block Opera users] – It appears that some bot is posting the question on wikis and forums that the can not see images when using the browser Opera.
- [Portal] – Wikimédia France has installed a portal at www.wikitheque.fr. This portal provides task-oriented directions for finding images and text content on Commons and Wikisource, with the help of Wikipedia.
- [LSS] – the project started by meta:user:Improv of creating summaries of the postings to the mailing list Foundation-l is still alive. It is even growing. The list summaries are also a year disposal in Frensh and Spanish.
- [Report] from the Portuguese Wikipedia
- [Schools] – it is suggested that the visitor traffic to the English language Wikipedia is connected with students in the USA. At least one editor of a high school newspaper is very enthusiastic about Wikipedia
[Conlang] – The total number of articles in planned language (or “conlang”) Wikipedias and net encyclopedias has passed 80,000. There are at present 7 active Wikipedias on the main list: Esperanto, Ido, Interlingua, Novial, Volapük, Lojban and Interlingue]], with 79,665 articles. In addition, the Meta page notes the Wiki lexicon of Lingua Franca Nova with 573 articles, and the two former Wikipedias of Toki Pona and Klingon, with 301 articles. This gives a total of 80,539, slightly below 1.5% of all Wikipedia articles. The 7 active Wikipedias have 3,445 registered users.The largest is the Esperanto language Wikipedia; the have reached 60,000 articles.
- [Wikipedia 0101] – Librarian John Hubbard has created an extended Flash presentation about what Wikipedia is, or at least the English language Wikipedia, how it works and topics. Very nicely done. You need Flash 8 or above to make it work. For Linux there is a link to Flash 9 Beta, very easy to install. Read the read-me.
IMHO: In My Humble/Honest Opinion
IMO: In My Opinion
IMNSHO: In My Not So Humble Opinion.
IANAL: I Am Not A Lawyer
<by> Is there anyway I can tell the world I’m an idiot?
<Seven7> Of course, just type your name, where you live and your confession
<by> I am Mark Duval of Belgium, and I am an idiot
<by> Now what?
<Seven7> Don’t worry. It’s done